Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cabbage Stir Fry

Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin C and a good dietary fiber. When cooked right it spreads a sugary aroma. Enjoy this lightly seasoned stir-fry!

Serves: 2

Ingredients:

4 cups Green Cabbage, shredded

2 tbsp Onions, coarsely sliced

1 Green Chili, sliced

1 tbsp Vegetable/Cooking Oil

3/4th tsp Salt or to taste

2 tbsp Green Coriander, chopped

Preparation:

Heat oil in a large frying pan. Sauté the green chili and onions until shiny. Add the shredded cabbage and sprinkle with salt. Stir for few minutes till the cabbage has been seasoned evenly and is translucent. Cook until they are just soft and dried. Do not overcook. The cabbage should retain its bright-green color. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with plain white rice and lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am an undergraduate student majoring in Biochemistry and Biotechnology and minoring in Art. In my pastime, I love to read books and listen to music or watch movies. When I see something interesting, I like to capture the moment in my camera. Cooking is stress relieving for me and I enjoy experimenting new dishes all the time. Currently, I am away from my family so I cook for myself almost everyday, which gives me lots of opportunities to try new ideas.