Monday, March 16, 2009

Shrimp and Spinach


I saw my aunt make this dish when I was young. I tried to make it her way, so I hope it turns out as delicious as it had tasted before. Plain white rice complements this is unique spicy blend of shrimp and spinach.

Serves: 4

Ingredients:

125 g small Shrimps

500g Spinach, chopped
1 Tomato, finely chopped
2 tbsp Onions, chopped

1 tsp Ginger paste

1 tsp Garlic, grated

1 Green Chili, cut lengthwise

1tsp Chili powder
¼ tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Cumin powder

1 tsp Salt or to taste

2 tbsp Vegetable Oil

About 1 tsp Sugar (optional)

Preparation:

In a large pan, heat oil and fry onions until they turn pink. Add ginger and garlic paste and sauté the mixture till golden-brown. Add tomato and all the dry spices and salt one by one. When the tomato is cooked put in the shrimps and combine well. Cook for a few minutes then stir in the spinach. Sprinkle sugar over (optional). Cook until the spinach has wilted. Add green chili and cook until oil separates.

Serve with steaming white rice.

1 comment:

  1. yum yum yum,
    can't wait to try out this recipe!!
    Thanks Fari!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am an undergraduate student majoring in Biochemistry and Biotechnology and minoring in Art. In my pastime, I love to read books and listen to music or watch movies. When I see something interesting, I like to capture the moment in my camera. Cooking is stress relieving for me and I enjoy experimenting new dishes all the time. Currently, I am away from my family so I cook for myself almost everyday, which gives me lots of opportunities to try new ideas.