Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pasta Delight

Pasta is a popular Italian food that we cannot just do without! This pasta is prepared in a simple tomato sauce but is a pure delight to eat when you are in a hurry.

Serves: 2

Ingredients:

2 medium Tomatoes, coarsely chopped

5 oz angel hair Pasta

2 tsp hot sauce or to taste

1/4th cup tomato ketchup

1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped

Parmesan Cheese, grated

1 tbsp olive oil

½ tsp salt or to taste

Preparation:

Boil pasta according to package directions. Heat oil in a medium pan, add the tomatoes and stir for a minute. Reserve ½ cup of water before draining the pasta. Add salt, the sauces to the tomatoes in the pan and the reserved starchy water. When the sauce thickens a bit, sprinkle with the green basil leaves. Remove the sauce from heat. In a large bowl combine the drained pasta, sauce and garnish with parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I am an undergraduate student majoring in Biochemistry and Biotechnology and minoring in Art. In my pastime, I love to read books and listen to music or watch movies. When I see something interesting, I like to capture the moment in my camera. Cooking is stress relieving for me and I enjoy experimenting new dishes all the time. Currently, I am away from my family so I cook for myself almost everyday, which gives me lots of opportunities to try new ideas.